Saturday, November 29, 2008

McCain's America: Day Five


My sister and family met some friends for breakfast, and I slept in. My ulterior motive was to do some yoga in peace. I never imagined myself as someone who would be jonesing for the opportunity to do some yoga, but there it is.

After they got back, there was a brief ruckus over Jackson's missing Tigers t-shirt, but it was eventually located. Then Shawn and Jackson headed out for the Tigers game. (I'm not exactly sure what sport the Tigers play. Given the time of year, I suspect it's football.)

They brought me back a pumpkin muffin, which was super-yummy. Of course, the best part was the cream cheese icing. And, yes, I realize that the presence of cream cheese icing made it less of a muffin and more of a cupcake...

After Jenna had time to rest up from her breakfast, we decided to give Target another go. Thankfully, there was no line snaking around the store. However, there was also no Chi flat-iron or stand mixer that we'd come for. (I'd noticed that my sister had a flat iron on her vanity, and I asked her if it was a Chi. She said, "No, it's a cheeeee-ap.")

We did manage to load up on toys for Jackson. I opted for Play-Doh stuff since most of his current stash is an amalgam of a whole mess of colors. I realize the new stuff will probably look the same a few days after Christmas, but figured it was worth a shot anyhow.

Jenna got him a big box of Crayons, so the evening's activities included a coloring contest. Ok, it wasn't actually a contest, but I consider myself the winner anyhow. My Eeyore rocked!

More turkey for dinner. I am seriously beginning to understand my sister's distaste for the bird. I mean, I do like turkey, but it starts to get old after three days. Not to mention pretty dried out.

No comments: