Thursday, March 16, 2006

the pink ranter

so the fed ex man came today with my brand new pink razr phone. i was pretty excited. had to go through a bunch of voicemail hell to set the thing up. then i notice that verizon has me signed up for the wrong plan. so i have to call and get that changed. then i go to set up voice mail and i get a message that i'm being sent to the "roam plus network" and i need to get out my credit card because this call is gonna cost me. big time. i'm going, what the hell? i've used my old phone in my house plenty of times and have never been charged extra. i live well within the city limits of seattle. definitely not what you'd consider to be outside the verizon network. at least you wouldn't think so. so since i'm not about to pay to call my voice mail, i get my regular phone and call verizon customer service instead. turns out they haven't programmed my phone properly. so they get it fixed and i call my voice mail. course when i hear my voice on the voice mail, i figure out that i don't need to set up voice mail after all. what a relief because i hate trying to get "the perfect message." mine always sound lame, but i will record them over and over and over until i get one that sounds at least a little less lame than the ones before. tell me i'm not the only one with this problem.

anyway, downloading ringtones was another debaucle i don't even want to get into. finally got some i like even if they aren't the ones i really wanted.

have to wait till tomorrow to deal with my "hold music." there's only so much cell phone setup i can handle in one day.

all in all, i think the phone's pretty cool, although it lacks some of the features my last phone had which is kind of a letdown. i have to say that i think the best thing about it is its pinkness.

oh, and it's a good thing i didn't sign up for that v cast plan where you get videos and music and crap on your phone. it only works with windows systems. have i mentioned how sick i am of seeing that message? why do so many companies decide to treat mac users like second-class citizens?

No comments: